Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Some douchebag golf writer gives his thoughts on the UFC/Pride merger

By Art Shimko
shimko_7@hotmail.com
meanfilipine.blogspot.com

-- William K. Wolfrum: UFC, Pride merger brings hyperbole normally reserved for Tiger Woods

Read further below his moronic comments and my response:

Amongst the wisdom this idiot graces upon us is this little gem: "This is really going to change the face of (mixed martial arts fighting)," Fertitta said. "Literally creating a sport that could be as big around the world as soccer. I liken it somewhat to when the NFC and AFC came together to create the NFL."

While I understand he'd like to compare this merger to the AFL-NFL union, I'd like to compare my genitalia to the Empire State Building. But, that doesn't necessarily make it so.


He ends with this statement: Besides, Tiger Woods could kick all their asses anyway.

My reponse on his blog? you don't understand why this story is so huge because you write about Golf. Frankly I don't understand the big deal about Tiger Woods. And your understanding of mixed martial arts is like me saying golf is nothing more than someone trying to get a ball in a hole. Yes, it's an intriguing sport I'm sure.
So why would you write a story about MMA then? It's a big story in the news but it looks like you just want an opportunity to jump on the bandwagon and write this sport off. Do us all a favor and stick to the Tiger Woods love, leave the MMA writing to people who understand and love the sport.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home